Waldorf UNESCO associated schools
The UNESCO Associated Schools Network (ASPnet) links educational institutions across the world around a common goal: to build the defences of peace in the minds of children and young people. The over 11,500 ASPnet member schools in 182 countries work in support of international understanding, peace, intercultural dialogue, sustainable development and quality education in practice.
The Waldorf-UNESCO Network
The Freunde der Erziehungskunst established an official partnership with the UNESCO and are registered as „Foundation in official relation with UNESCO“. With the foundation of the Waldorf-UNESCO Network we strive to promote the ideals and values of UNESCO and link educational institutions across the world particularly in the fields international understanding, peace, intercultural dialogue, sustainable development and quality education in practice.
The Freunde der Erziehungskunst are active in the following fields of action:
- Our ambition is to invite Waldorf Schools worldwide to become part of the UNESCO network as UNESCO Associated Schools (ASP network) as there are many commonalities in the ideals and values of UNESCO and the practice in Waldorf Schools.
- We would like to implement a network of Waldorf UNESCO Associated Schools to connect the Waldorf UNESCO Associated Schools worldwide, to exchange experiences, knowledge and good practices with schools and communities. You can find a list of Waldorf UNESCO Associated Schools worldwide below.
- We take part in initiatives of the UNESCO e.g. UNESCO’s Futures of Education initiative that aims to rethink education and shape the future. The initiative is catalyzing a global debate on how knowledge, education and learning need to be reimagined in a world of increasing complexity, uncertainty, and precarity.
- With the international students campaign Waldorf-One-World-Day, the Freunde der Erziehungskunst established a project that contributes to the UN’s 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the related 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Waldorf UNESCO associated schools worldwide
- Freie Waldorfschule Innsbruck
- Rudolf Steiner Schule Salzburg
- Escola Waldorf Aitiara
- Associação Pedagógica Waldorf de Várzea da Roça, Bahia
- Ecole Perceval Pedagogie Rudolf Steiner
- Freie Waldorfschule Saarpfalz, Bexbach
- Rudolf-Steiner-Schule Gröbenzell
- Freie Waldorfschule, Karlsruhe
- Rudolf-Steiner-Schule, Kuenzell-Loheland
- Waldorfschule in Ostholstein, Lensahn
- Rudolf Steiner Schule Nürnberg
NPO Kyotanabe Steiner school
Tokyo Kenji Steiner School
- Yokohama Steiner School
- Adazi Free Waldorf School
- Kusi Kawsay School
- Rudolf Steiner Schule Basel
- Ecole Rudolf Steiner de Genève
Resource: https://aspnet.unesco.org/en-us/school-by-country (January 2021)
Your school is missing in the list of Waldorf UNESCO associated schools? Then please contact us via
berlin[at]freunde-waldorf.de | +49 (0)30 617026 -30.