People of all nations are invited to apply for voluntary service in Germany sponsored by the Friends of Waldorf Education.
voluntary service beginning in February 2020:
Please send your complete application now.
For applicants from the EU:
Applicants from the European Union and from countries without visa obligation for Germany can apply anytime for the voluntary service.
Most volunteers (approx. 75 people) will begin their service in August/September. Another group of approx. 50 volunteers will begin in February.
PLEASE NOTE: If a volunteer withdraws from the program during the 8 weeks prior to beginning or during the first four weeks of voluntary service, he or she is required to pay 150 euros to cover costs already paid on his or her part by the Friends of Waldorf Education.
You have decided to do a voluntary service in an anthroposophical institution in Germany? We will wholeheartedly engage in the task of finding you a suitable position. In order to do this, we would like to coordinate your expectations, ideas and dispositions with the requirements of possible places of assignment. Your application will be the basis for a counseling interview. For this purpose, we ask you to view your application as the basis for further dialogue with us.
Online application form
We only follow up on completed applications!
A decision about your admission to the program is made on the basis of:
- The application documents, which should validate your social motivation. Please communicate your needs and requirements in a straightforward manner.
- Your commitment to learning German (certificate/s, ongoing German language course, e-mail communication in German)
- The report of your practical skills, respectively your two-week internship and the references from the institution in which you’ve been (e.g. one of our partner organizations abroad).
- The e-mail or telephone communication with you: A reliable and fast communication is important to us.
- Your willingness to meet with a German volunteer our a former participant of the incoming program in your home-country; depending on the possibilities of your location.
The Friends of Waldorf Education will preselect suitable applicants.
The final decision is made by the places of assignment.