Deutsch  |  English

The Friends of Waldorf Education

Waldorf worldwide – giving 100%

The Friends of Waldorf Education support Waldorf schools, kindergartens, curative education facilities and social projects worldwide since 1976. We always forward all donations at 100%. So far, more than 600 projects have received support through us.

International Relief Fund

Nearly every day, the Friends of Waldorf Education receive urgent requests for help from around the world. Every month the Board will discuss how the Association can help with the available independent donations from the International Relief Fund.

Voluntary Services

We send around 1.800 young people abroad each year, 200 from around the world come to Germany. They do not only contribute greatly to the worldwide Waldorf and curative education movement, but also gain valuable personal experience.


WOW-Day is a global student campaign. On a single day each year, students, parents and teachers around the world dedicate their time and effort for disadvantaged children at Waldorf schools and raise money for a better future.

Emergency Pedagogy

Since 2006 we are working in the field of emergency pedagogy with traumatised children around the world. With the aid of methods based on Waldorf pedagogy, children are psychosocially stabilized and post-traumatic stress disorders are prevented.

Educational Sponsorships

We arrange sponsorships through issuing educational voucher. Our approach to create sponsorships that help raise money for children whose families cannot afford to pay the school fees.

BMZ Co-financed Projects

By co-funding School construction projects we can quadruple donations by working together with the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Usually their contribution covers 75% of the funding, while we, or the project partners provide the remaining 25%.

Public relations

Our publications (i.e. Newsletter) keep you up to date with our partner initiatives around the world. On our Blog we provide you with the latest news and under “Press” you can find press releases, press reviews and our press folder.

Cooperation with UNESCO

Since 2001 we maintain official relations with UNESCO. Meanwhile, many Waldorf schools worldwide belong to the network of a total of over 9,000 UNESCO-Schools.

Our Supporters

Our supporters ensure that donations can be forwarded at 100%, and institutions may be accompanied in difficult situations. As a sustaining member, you receive our membership newsletter several times a year that inform you about new ideas from our work. We appreciate all the support that directly funds the important administrative work that we do on a daily basis!

Call for donations

We look forward to working with you to further develop these Waldorf Schools for children from rural Zimbabwe, Kenya, and Egypt ...

Become a sponsor

Help a child to go to school

Become a supporter

Contribute to our work

Share this page: